The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Whitehill Forum Start a topic | Search
Whitehill
Withdrawal of information
11 messages
Select a forum:
I have deleted the images and detailed information for the rock art sites in the Whitehill area. The rocks are very close to an urban area in an open access country park.

I've not seen any evidence of damage in the several visits I have made but, sadly, the posting of details on here must increase the likelihood that it will happen.

What particularly prompted this change of mind was a visit last week when I came across one of the decorated rocks I had not previously seen. It was a very simple but, to me, particularly pleasant design. Out of the way but otherwise open to the elements.

I debated for a few days whether I should add this to the earlier posts. But it seemed wrong to keep it anonymous while mentioning the others. The logical thing to do was to delete the lot.

This was never going to be a highly visited site by TMA-ers. If anyone does want more detail or a tour, email me.

What a pity you need to consider things like this :-(

Reply | with quote
greywether
Posted by greywether
26th April 2005ce
13:30

Messages in this topic: