The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Someone else gives a view!
49 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
The reporter was Tristan Cork, a rather sensible discussion was my first reaction, and still is.

Thanks Moss. I was particularly interested in this observation -

"And then, and then. There are the ravers. They come just for the party. It's a legal rave with djembe drums rather than techno beats, it's outdoors but it's cool, man. It's in the middle of Stonehenge, man. It's chaos, it's epic, it's carnage, it's mayhem, it's sick, man. These are the people I attempt to interview to get "a flavour" of the solstice. They are the adjectives they use.

If they weren't at Stonehenge they would be at a festival, or falling out of a nightclub in a provincial town, or getting lairy in Faliraki. This is the youth of this sceptred isle and they are claiming their birthright."

There are plenty of legal 'raves' around and they all cost money to attend. Illegal ones too - which almost always lead to arrests by the police who turn up as soon as they get wind of it. I personally don't think Stonehenge should be used for a free rave ... sorry to be a fuddy duddy.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
6th March 2015ce
18:58

Messages in this topic: