RCAHMS NMRS No. HY50SW 15. There has been a church at the present site since 1570, it has been rebuilt once. It is believed that there was a previous church on the mound where part of the graveyard lies as various drystane walls have shown up and a Celtic cross-slab has been found.
This mound extends well beyond the churchyard and was originally a settlement. A ring of stones protrudes at the summit HY51010065 in the field to the north of the church. Last century 40 trailer-loads of stones, including many red ones, were removed from HY51010065 and dumped on the shore at HY50880075. Amongst these was a redstone block with 6 cupmarks which has since disappeared.