The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Derbyshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Derbyshire
Re: Peak District -Off roaders
58 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
bladup wrote:
postman wrote:
bladup wrote:
postman wrote:
Yep, sometimes I'll not get involved in a discussion precisely because I have an opinion that most will not agree with. I don't mind opinions to the contrary one bit, I can opinionate either way.
Of course I agree with you wholeheartedly about driving around the countryside getting on peoples nerves, but as with most things I'm in two minds about it, schizophrenia seems to be a way of life for me, I can see both points of view in everything, and I mean everything, and I always come down on the underdogs side, whether I share their opinion or not, especially as there not here to defend themselves. all I want is a bit of tolerance and understanding, that doesn't mean they can trash our heritage, everything in its place .
And I certainly do agree that there's too many cars on the road, and its good to go somewhere that cars can't go. Pollution free would be fantastic, I would certainly buy one if they were in my price range, but as everyone knows we are purposely being kept in the oil dependency stage of life.

I was being a bit apocryphal about driving up a mountain, a bit tongue in cheek maybe, but would we walk up somewhere when theres a perfectly good road, I cant think of any examples except Monte Toro on Menorca. I have to walk every day as my work demands it, so I hope you can understand why I sometimes find it a bit galling to have to walk on my day off as well, galling but no imposition, people at work reckon I'm mad to go climb a mountain on my day off, whilst the most they do is a bit of gardening. But I also reckon its a bit mad. But isn't driving a hundred miles to see a stone in a field a bit mad. People think trainspotters are sad and mad but I guess they can rationalise it perfectly as well.

Yeah walking at work and walking at play, you must have some quality knees there sir, and they'd probably still think you was mad/different even if they didn't know what you did, and after all that walking i bet it really does feel great to let the car do some of the work for you [just not up mountains you cheeky bugger], and seeing things from both sides is always great and i wish i could be a bit more like that myself [sometimes!].

My right knee still hurts from my last trip to Hafodygors wen, and getting up early in the morning for stoning is getting harder and harder. then a long walk to the stone/s is getting harder to face, but face it I shall , for my obsession demands it. Preferably Id helicopter to the top of the mountain I cant walk for the fun of it.

I'm glad we haven't argued and fallen out, I like you too much for that.

I should just learn to keep my big mouth shut sometimes, and mostly I do,(never said a word about going up silbury, standiong on stones or going in Scara Brae houses) but driving and cars are a big love of mine and I don't like to hear it being denigrated . Top Gear is as good for me as Time Team, and I love and respect Jeremy Clarkson as much as Phil Harding.

Much love and hugs
Postie

No, no, i love it when you pop up on the forum, and i love a bit of stirring, it makes things more interesting, and you don't see the words love, respect and jeremy clarkson in the same sentence very often do you? he does sometimes make me laugh but for some reason it's too easy for me to see him like a tory politician nowadays especially after seeing him bum lick cameron at those posh dinner parties, what connects them at the end of the day is they're both posh kids pretending to be one of the lads, they should just be themselves as they clearly love the money and power it brings them [and you can't help what you're born into], and you wait until you see where he wanted to stop people walking [past his lighthouse] on the isle of man, at that point you will probably think "what a cock", if he didn't like the path he shouldn't have brought the place, but they seem to think money/power will sort anything out, and phils a star, i'm just not to sure i'd want him to stand to close to me, as i swear i've smelt that hat though my telly screen, and much love and hugs back...paul

Hahaha! If you were my son Paul I'd be thinking I brought you up well as I think Clarkson is a c*nt. Just an opinion, not wanting to fall out with anyone.

?????
Perhaps the best way to not fall out with someone is to not call someone whom someone else respects a C*nt.
I can see why someone might take a dislike to him, he acts the knob far too often, but calling him a c*nt is a bit flammatory isn't it

Reply | with quote
postman
Posted by postman
28th October 2012ce
20:31

Messages in this topic: