The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Adam and Eve Forum Start a topic | Search
Adam and Eve
Re: Help wanted Gladman
22 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Lots to think about, cheers for that.

I am (inevitably) dubious about my leg, so if any of these routes are less punishing in terms of knee-bending, that might be worth knowing.

Also, any routes that would come with shade? :)

As you know I've had to be very careful about how much I take on for more than I care to recall now...... so....

If I was doing this - and I would like to once more..... maybe - I'd take the path shown in the pic up Tryfan (assuming you can make it out), as far as I'm aware the 'easier' way up. Curse me as much as you want during the climb, if it helps.

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/img_fullsize/114911.jpg

Bwlch Tryfan is to the extreme right in the pic. Trend to the left at Bristly Ridge to head for Glyder Fach summit and then.... it depends on your leg and the weather. Do the traverse and descend to Idwal, or go down Y Gribin. Either is magical. If cloud sweeps in suggest you take a bearing and get the hell outta there!

Reply | with quote
GLADMAN
Posted by GLADMAN
15th July 2013ce
20:49

In reply to:

Re: Help wanted Gladman (thesweetcheat)

4 replies: