The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Tre Wallter Llwyd Forum Start a topic | Search
Tre Wallter Llwyd
This really pissed me off...
79 messages
Select a forum:
...and I wanted to share it with the group.

Apologies for the rather too lengthy fieldnotes I've just posted up for Tre Wallter Llwyd. Distilling things down a bit, the land owner has blocked the footpath to the site in two places, and hammered stock fencing in around the chamber, so close that it's touching the stone (photos to follow). I'm really miffed, and I've been on the phone to Pembrokeshire County Council and Cadw to let them know what's going on.

If any of you are planning a visit to Pembrokeshire, please consider visiting this site. It's no Carreg Samson, but it's a nice little spot. I'm guessing that the land owner wants the footpath to be entirely forgotten. He's obviously succeeded so far, probably because the path only leads to the burial chamber. If this delightful character gets his way we won't be able to visit Tre Wallter Llwyd without permission, and there are too many sites like that already!

:-(#

Kammer

Reply | with quote
Kammer
Posted by Kammer
1st May 2003ce
14:34

Messages in this topic: