The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Marlborough Mound Forum Start a topic | Search
Marlborough Mound
Moth's Mounds
2 messages
Select a forum:
Moth, I was interested in your musings, and Julian's, about whether there was much connection between Marlborough Mound and Silbury.

I agree with you there would be lots of significant views of it from the surrounding trackways and ridges. I'd like to think that there were some visual tricks, equivalent to the Silbury game, but the buildings and trees frustrate every attempt I make to check it out. One thing though, I THINK there may be a point, a few steps up from the Sanctuary, from where you'd be able to see both mounds, were it not for the trees just to the left of the intervening village halfway to Marlborough. The same would apply, presumably, to a point a few feet ABOVE the Sanctuary. Again though, I can't prove it without moving the trees. Any thoughts?

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
6th August 2003ce
22:03

1 reply:

Re: Moth's Mounds (Moth)

Messages in this topic:

Moth's Mounds (nigelswift, Aug 06, 2003, 22:03)