The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Bradup Forum Start a topic | Search
Bradup
Re: Bradup is definitely gone
32 messages
Select a forum:
The damage to Bradup goes back years. When I visited this place as a kid it was a bit of a mess. In the centre of the ring someone (at the time I didn't know who) had dumped a load of old oil-drums in the centre. These weren't generally visible from the road unless you went in the winter as they were obscured by the vegetation. On a couple of occasions when I sat by the remaining stone, Mr Happy from the Bradup house (just over the bridge) came out to gimme a bollocking. God knows what for! I asked about the oil-drums & he ran back inside. The same bloke has given a bitta grief to several other people who visited Bradup over the years. Seems he's rather pissed-off with life in general. He ended up uprooting the last of the stones (seems there were several of them, but only one above ground visible) about a year ago.

If any of you good megalith people out there are good at making noises to officialdom about such issues, please do. Can some of talk about this in our next Bradford Megalith Meeting (at The New Beehive, top of Westgate, Bradford - Tuesday, May 25 @ 7.30pm onwards)?

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
21st April 2004ce
15:53

In reply to:

Re: Bradup is definitely gone (BlueGloves)

1 reply:

Re: Bradup is definitely gone (Kozmik_Ken)

Messages in this topic: