The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Glandwr Churchyard Forum Start a topic | Search
Glandwr Churchyard
Re: Glandwr churchyard
14 messages
Select a forum:
Hi G and B,

> Also - the shape of the stone looks very wide in Kammer's pic,
> and a bit slimmer in yours - is it just the angle?

I guess it's possible that my stone wasn't the right one, but it looked convincing. There are a lot of stones with this name in the area. Is it possible that Blonde's is a different one? I guess this is unlikely though.

> There are several sites that I know of, and I'm certain
> there are many more, that seem to have connections
> with water sources.

There's loads of that going on in our area. The rivers and valleys seem to have been of special significance to the Bronze Age people of Ceredigion. The cairns in particular (Hirnant, Dolgamfa etc) are planted overlooking the Rheidol Gorge, but then there sites like Ysbytty Cynfyn that are just over the hill from the river (coincidence or part of a cunning plan?). I find it fascinating, but nobody else comes a'visiting round here.

:-(#

> PS - hope all my links work... Sorry if they don't - I'm just showing off... ;o)

Links in posts work on the TMA version of this Forum, but not if you're looking at it through the HH interface (Head to Head):

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/[...]php?show=message&id=233590

K x

Reply | with quote
Kammer
Posted by Kammer
25th October 2004ce
11:35

In reply to:

Re: Glandwr churchyard (goffik)

1 reply:

Re: Glandwr churchyard (Blonde)

Messages in this topic: