The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Car Park Post Holes Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge Car Park Post Holes
Re: stonehenge mesolithic post holes
40 messages
Select a forum:
The website only has fragmentory details of some of the archaeology that has been done. As such it is incredibly dificult to uderstand the site. For example, there were I think five pit alignments found on the site, I'd like to know where these were, how long they were etc.

There is a bit mentioned of one pit alignment. Breaing in mind many of these were excavated more than 5 years ago it seems odd that they are not yet fully documented whilst some very recent finds, such as the square barrows do get published.

Thus we have a brief mention of some Mesolithic artefacts but not the ability to locate the pit that they came from or the exact context they came from.

Most interesting to me, is that most of the information was published only after our campaign was started and particularly after some of these features were highlighted online.

As you know, partial information is no information and for excavations done almost ten years ago I'd have liked a much fuller picture.

But then I seriously doubt that the primary purpose of this website is to provide a clear picture of all archaeology dicovered on the site.

Reply | with quote
Posted by BrigantesNation
27th December 2004ce
15:00

In reply to:

Re: stonehenge mesolithic post holes (smallblueplanet)

1 reply:

Re: stonehenge mesolithic post holes (smallblueplanet)

Messages in this topic: