The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Car Park Post Holes Forum Start a topic | Search
40 messages
Select a forum:
FW>Draw a circle. Put three points in one quadrant of its circumference.
FW>Remove the circle. You are left with two points in a straight line and one slightly off it.

I see what you mean. Thanks!

FW>The post holes at Stonehenge could be a bit of a timber post circle, which I find more
FW> interesting than and Orion connection.

Interesting thought. It does seem more likely that, if there were such a large circle, the construction of the car park might intersect only part of it (meaning that the coincidence of the siting of the car park becomes less of a coincidence).

In a way, it's a pity that only three post holes were discovered: if a fourth had been revealed, such a feature would have been more evident. Has anyone tried to find evidence for such a circle?

I wonder whether such a circle would have any relationship to the site of Stonehenge itself? (i.e. were the builders of Stonehenge I aware of the existence of the previous feature, given that c.5500 years separated them?)

Reply | with quote
Posted by pendant
19th January 2005ce
19:17

In reply to:

Re: Orion's belt? (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: