The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Brecknockshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Brecknockshire
Black Mountains "rainbowball"
24 messages
Select a forum:
A couple of weeks ago, in discussion around the posting "Orbs at Avebury", I mentioned a photograph that I took a few years ago in the Welsh Black Mountains, not far from Arthur's Seat. I described the experience and - as I understand it - context of what I saw in postings on 23 and 25 December 2004 so will not go through all that again, except to say that it was a breathtaking light form of an unearthly nature. There is no doubt in my mind that I saw a rainbow-related, i.e. natural phenomenon, yet struggle as I may with words I cannot improve on "lysergic" as a metaphoric label for what I was looking at and its effect on me. This could be part of the process by which sacred sites are originated.

Well, here it is, posted under "latest images". Has anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this?

The colours of the rainbow were there, but in a churning, fluctuating ball-like confinement that - metaphors again - I might expect to see at the heart of a nuclear reaction or at the other end of a wormhole. This was not consensus reality. If anyone can help interpret it in meteorologcal or atmospheric terms, I would be very grateful.

Really, I suspect this is deeply related to the whole prehistoric (sacred) site phenomenon and hope no one objects to it appearing on this website, even though the picture is not of a prehistoric site as such.

Treeman

Reply | with quote
Posted by Treeman
16th January 2005ce
21:52

Messages in this topic: