The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Glastonbury Tor Forum Start a topic | Search
Glastonbury Tor
Storm on eve of Beltane.
4 messages
Select a forum:
Was anyone else up the Tor in that Storm a week last Saturday night? It was extraordinary weather, and created quite a spectacle. It's made me think a whole lot more about all the mythology and lore associated with "Annwm" the (mythical) underworld portal below the Tor, and beliefs about the Tor being some kind of gateway into other dimensions. I've seen a heavy electrical strm there before, about 15 years ago, by day, and watched the approaching weather coming in qiuckly over the Somerset levels --- so i appreciate that this is just a natural phenomenon; but there really did seem to be a kind of intra psychic confluence of thought, electricity, wind and water --- which to any kid, would just be called "Magic".... if anyone has any ideas about the powers, real or mythical, of the site, just reply below. I'm especially interested in the Zodiac idea.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Forrester
11th May 2005ce
12:20

Messages in this topic: