The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stony Littleton Forum Start a topic | Search
Stony Littleton
Re: Tufa found in the wellow valley
37 messages
Select a forum:
> um, why does a longbarrow and a Possible stonecircle have to have a causewayed
> enclosure associated with it?

It doesn't, but I kinda feel it should as I don't know of any causewayed enclosures that near Bath.

Not been to Devil's Bed and Bolster yet, its on my dwindling list of must see's within 30 mins drive from Bath. Plus I've only just got the OS map between Bath and Avebury. There is a cairn on the ridge the other side of the Avon from Wellow I want to go see as well.
In fact I recall you telling me there are some stones on that hill, do you remember that?

I have seen the fort on the ridge at Tunley. Trouble is you can't get onto it due to the farm in front of it kinda spreading all over it. I need to go back and try for a complete circuit as its hard to work out whats still left tbh and the stuff you can see from the footpath is hidden behind a hedge.

Reply | with quote
juamei
Posted by juamei
4th August 2005ce
10:48

Messages in this topic: