The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Hendraburnick Quoit Forum Start a topic | Search
Hendraburnick Quoit
Re: Friendly Cornish farmers
19 messages
Select a forum:
You can't tar everybody with the same brush....

....or something like that!

I am not saying everybody in Davidstow parish is unfriendly but if you are a walker and you want to use legal footpaths marked on OS maps...then don't try Davidstow.
I spent several days trying to devise a circular walk in the parish a couple of years ago. I eventually succsedded, but even then I was not happy with the route. It involves fighting through hedges, hopping across bogs and a great deal of route finding on what should be a simple 2 mile walk. Signposts are knowhere to be seen.

If anybody would like to prove me wrong I am happy to email them a copy of the walk and they can try it themselves.

On a positive note...Davidstow possesses a fine church with some wonderful stained glass windows...and a holy well...oh and they make nice cheese...and the first Formula 1 motor race to feature a Lotus was held at the Davidstow circuit in 1955..

...and I reserve the right to have my own views of the pub at Hallworthy...perhaps I picked the wrong afternoon!

Mr H

Reply | with quote
Mr Hamhead
Posted by Mr Hamhead
27th April 2006ce
07:14

In reply to:

Re: Friendly Cornish farmers (bergman)

Messages in this topic: