The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   County Kerry Forum Start a topic | Search
County Kerry
Re: Now a court tomb in Kerry?
33 messages
Select a forum:
CianMcLiam wrote:
Tom, was just looking at Lackaroe on archaeology.ie and there's a track/road about 200m or so from the site, looks like there might be a house or some sheds at the end of it. Did you try going up the track or did you approach from the road to the south?

I went from the road to the south. The lane you mention looks promising doesn't it ... but it disappears after a short while. I went up the start of it, but decided it wasn't the way to go. I may have been wrong. However, there is no sign of the track when you're up by the circle.

You can park right by the sharp bend where that track continues onto the hill and there's a house a short way along it. The land with the circle belongs to a house directly below it on the road to the south. Call me about this one.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
6th October 2008ce
06:53

In reply to:

Re: Now a court tomb in Kerry? (CianMcLiam)

Messages in this topic: