The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   County Kerry Forum Start a topic | Search
County Kerry
Re: Attn. Hob
28 messages
Select a forum:
FourWinds wrote:

Hooking up would be no problem. I can show you the two I know and then we can look for the rest.

Great stuff, give me a few days notice.
FourWinds wrote:

Aghacaribble 1 ... are there more there?

Not that I could see, there's nothing else marked on the map either and the farmer only knew of the one stone.

FourWinds wrote:

Does the wall still run across it? If so did yoy look at the other side of the wall, because there should be some stuff there too?

The wall is gone but what was on the opposite side was very eroded, the wall fortuitously preserved the main panel from the worst of the weathering but I was hard pushed to see anything on the 'top' part, nothing shows on the photos either. The stone itself is much larger than I expected and juts out of the ground at an angle of around 30 degrees so the top (eroded) part is much higher up, how they built a wall on it I dont know!

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
29th January 2007ce
16:11

In reply to:

Re: Attn. Hob (FourWinds)

1 reply:

Re: Attn. Hob (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: