The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lambourn Sevenbarrows Forum Start a topic | Search
Lambourn Sevenbarrows
Re: Rhiannon's comment
21 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks for the support R. I didn't know it was reported to be the oldest long barrow in England. I don't think it is a spectacular site (like a stone circle under threat), or even that there is much left there to see, but I do think a long barrow is an important site, whatever state it is in. From the comments on this thread, i understand it's a listed monument and deserves protection. I also understand that most organisations and local authorities don't care, and that getting something done about it will be difficult.

Nevertheless, I believe that if we can't protect minor damage at the grass roots level, then it all seems a bit pointless. I'm gonna alert the relevant peeps and at least try to do something because it's on my doorstep and I feel for the place. I'll post any progress (even if it's 'my head hurts cos i've been banging it against a wall and no one is listening') as and when it happens.

Off to fight the power,

WF x

Reply | with quote
wysefool
Posted by wysefool
28th March 2007ce
12:05

1 reply:

Re: Wysefool's comment (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: