The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Poulnabrone Forum Start a topic | Search
Poulnabrone
At last! Poulnabrone and parking
3 messages
Select a forum:
I was a bit concerned about some building works the last time I was at Poulnabrone, I thought an extremely large house was going to be built right beside it judging by the size of the foundations, but fear not! The site now has its own very large car park and a new pathway leading down to the old entrance. There must be parking for about 50 cars!

This is good news for those of us who had to smear vaseline on the side of the car to squeeze past the line of buses parked on the narrow road. That was a crazy situation and needed to be rectified. Hats off to whoever took the initiative.

I don't know if they now have a caretaker or whether the landowner simply likes hanging around the site for very long periods wearing a hi-vis vest, they have also put more strongly worded signs warning not to cross the barrier.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
25th January 2008ce
23:34

Messages in this topic: