The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northumberland Forum Start a topic | Search
Northumberland
Re: Me aidez? M'aidez? Mayday?
36 messages
Select a forum:
I've proved the observatory - at least. It's nice to think I was the first person to sit there in two thousands years and to watch the summer solstice sunrise. It's just a pity the Precession of the Equinoxes has moved the sunrise point a few degrees south. There's no shadow from the cairn, as I suspected there might have been. It's just a substantial object on the way to the horizon. The observatory is fragile and decrepit, chaotic, drystone wall. It still works though ...

I remember Bessie Surtees a bit. It was one of the two barges that took sewage sludge from the treatment works at Lemington?? out to the dumping ground at sea. My camera with the Ektachrome slides of said sunrise are still at basecamp. Only took five shots. I was so disoriented with the two attempts needed to get there that I didn't make any duplicates on my snapshot camera. Found a dead fox in the heather still with rigor mortis. Probably shot. I moved him to a sunny bank, for snapshots in repose, and this has agitated the keepers somewhat. The road is extending toward Relton's Cleugh Cist but will take a couple of weeks to get there, at this rate.

This topic is locked
Stoneshifter
Posted by Stoneshifter
21st June 2008ce
14:43

1 reply:

Lunar Observatory (Stoneshifter)

Messages in this topic: