The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   County Kerry Forum Start a topic | Search
County Kerry
Re: Valentia Island, Co Kerry
4 messages
Select a forum:
Mule wrote:
I'm off to Valentia in the Spring - my old mum's family seat! I've been there tons of times before, but only once in the last twenty years. I've heard there are various antiquiteis and sites of historic interest on the island but I can find precious little guidance. Can anybody advise, or at least point me in the direction of a comprehensive website?

Not going to be great help but Id say the best bet is to buy an OS map and have a look about yourself. If I remember there is quite a bit shown on the map for the island. There probably will be some local booklets available although January isnt really tourist season so might be hard to find.
Also check out the Skelligs which are fab but it will probably be hard to get anyone to take you out to them in January.
There are ancient dinosaur footprints on the island too, Im sure that attraction is sign-posted.
You should get in some good Irish sessions around that time in the pubs too.

Sounds great anyway, hope you have a lovely time!

Reply | with quote
bawn79
Posted by bawn79
21st October 2008ce
22:38

In reply to:

Valentia Island, Co Kerry (Mule)

Messages in this topic: