The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Low Thornhope Forum Start a topic | Search
Low Thornhope
Re: Just Watch This!
14 messages
Select a forum:
Yes, I know all that. People just run a mile whenever something that is different appears. The aversion seems equally true whether it is potentially a good thing (a massive stone circle, for instance) or a bad thing (like a toxic waste spill) ... And I'm not just describing one sacred landscape but two, with a strong presentiment (?) that there are similar monuments all the way between - that nobody has bothered to search for yet.

Guest article ? There is the article that I wrote for Antiquity but it is out of date and badly written. Needs a heavy editorial input! I did think about writing a short piece for Antiquity just about the Herdley Bank Long Barrow. I thought, perhaps, they could cope with just one new major find.

I've still not retrieved my revolutionary cupmarked stone, in the shape of a magic mushroom, from the Portable Antiquities Officer. I need to build my reserves up before I can stand the sadness of him, probably via a piece of paper, saying 'it's just a fossil remnant'. (I left them a magic mushroom, as well, for comparison, and I'm sure that won't have helped).

Reply | with quote
Stoneshifter
Posted by Stoneshifter
27th November 2008ce
11:40

In reply to:

Re: Just Watch This! (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Just Watch This! (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: