The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Low Thornhope Forum Start a topic | Search
Low Thornhope
Re: Just Watch This!
14 messages
Select a forum:
Stoneshifter wrote:
I've still not retrieved my revolutionary cupmarked stone, in the shape of a magic mushroom, from the Portable Antiquities Officer. I need to build my reserves up before I can stand the sadness of him, probably via a piece of paper, saying 'it's just a fossil remnant'. (I left them a magic mushroom, as well, for comparison, and I'm sure that won't have helped).

Oh I dunno, if he's sad.
He was probably sad because until recently his job was looking very doubtful. That, and talking to metal detectorists all day.

Anyhow, maybe he'll be more polite to you in future. PAS has just had an independent review and Recommendation 7 says -

"Skills in community engagement are just as relevant for FLOs as finds expertise. This needs to be taken into account when recruiting and consideration should be given to more formal training and guidance in this field for FLOs."

Considering they've been "engaging" with metal detectorists for ten years this is a strange thing for her to have said. I can only assume that in private conversations with some FLOs she's been told exactly what they really think of them!

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
27th November 2008ce
12:03

In reply to:

Re: Just Watch This! (Stoneshifter)

1 reply:

Re: Just Watch This! (Stoneshifter)

Messages in this topic: