The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Low Thornhope Forum Start a topic | Search
Low Thornhope
Re: Just Watch This!
14 messages
Select a forum:
"it's redbrick academia land. I doubt whether even one metal detectorist has ventured there. "

Well they have "finds days" at museums sometimes but most of the stuff they record is by dint of you the taxpayer paying them to travel to the heroes meetings in the back of pubs or running an optimistic stall at mass detecting rallies - in the hope the erosion heroes can be arsed to step a few yards to reveal a few less contraversial bits of their booty.

I'm sad too. The £8 million system isn't set up for the convenience of normal members of the public like you that might give a damn about conservation of sites, only for those who see them as good grabbing spots. It's a bit like having a notice on a lost property office - sorry, closed as we're too busy making personal visits to burglars' houses to record their loot and thank them for their efforts.

Grrrr. I've told you before, don't get me going.

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
27th November 2008ce
13:03

In reply to:

Re: Just Watch This! (Stoneshifter)

1 reply:

Re: Just Watch This! (Stoneshifter)

Messages in this topic: