The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northumberland Forum Start a topic | Search
Northumberland
Re: Northumberland Rock Art website down?
29 messages
Select a forum:
Is this the Bowes Incline museum? There's a long barrow - or what looks very much like one - not far from there. The place where the Gateshead Bypass meets the A1M, back from those fishing lodges. It's the right shape, topography and location. Footpaths crisscross on top of it, which is a good sign. It can't be a barrow, of course, because it's in Gateshead, and they aren't allowed there.

I know of the inner workings of NU, through being associated with them for a few years, and I know that if your cacky website isn't getting the hits then it'll not get the maintenance - market forces, you know. If they can't correct the two simple errors that I found then it can't be much good. Remember Stinky Stan's reaction to my finds of rock art at the Knar and their subsequent exclusion. What's worth keeping about that?

Reply | with quote
StoneGloves
Posted by StoneGloves
29th July 2009ce
19:50

Messages in this topic: