The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: geo tangent
15 messages
Select a forum:
“Well I confess I know zilch about the film but surely we don't need to suspend judgement on whether geocentricism is twaddle until it comes out do we? “

The producer of the film, a chap called Rick DeLano, has said that the film is not about Geocentrism, so it will be interesting to see if it is otherwise. However, they have used Stonehenge to illustrate classical geocentric thinking: The design speaks for itself, especially the way they have chosen to do it.

If the people of Stonehenge had developed a geocentric culture, then a few of the other monuments of that era appear to be designed for a similar purpose. However, the type of classical Geocentrism indicated at Stonehenge would have had a major flaw: One other monument, some distance away, has a design that proves it to be fundamentally wrong (though the purpose of that design appears to have been otherwise).

So Geocentrism (similar to the Ptolemaic model) shown at Stonehenge is not correct. If Stonehenge is about Geocentrism, the people at Stonehenge would have eventually found out the discrepancy by way of the other monument. This might be why it was eventually abandoned. I won't have the time to cover this in the talk but plan to develop it at some time in the future.

All the best

Jon

Reply | with quote
jonmor
Posted by jonmor
12th May 2014ce
19:21

In reply to:

Re: geo tangent (nigelswift)

2 replies:

Re: geo tangent (tiompan)
Re: geo tangent (nigelswift)