The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Nine Stones Close Forum Start a topic | Search
Nine Stones Close
Re: Farmer - Nine Stones Close
26 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:
My point was that he doesn't appear to have a general problem with people visiting, and that certainly was my impression from the nearer farmhouse a few years back. He could just as easily put a load of "private no access" signs and barbed wire up, seeing as there's no right of way to the site. That's what you get down south anyway.

This. I tempered what I had been told about the farmers response but it reads as a farmer permitting access but just asking for respect re gates etc who has reached the end of his tether and foolishly perhaps left his trailer there to discourage visitors.
As tsc says, there could be "no entry" signs up and padlocked gates. He's legally allowed. :( I'm pretty sure the landowner is amenable to well natured and behaved visitors.

Reply | with quote
juamei
Posted by juamei
16th March 2015ce
07:58

In reply to:

Re: Farmer - Nine Stones Close (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: