The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Devil's Den Forum Start a topic | Search
1 message
Select a forum:
It's a bit of a long shot but worth a try and not entirely off topic I hope!

The other day I was flying my quadcopter around the Devil's Den on Fyfield Down as part of my montage of footage of the area, when it had one of its hic-cups and lost contact with my controller. When it does this for any length of time it is supposed to (and normally does) return to the starting point, but on this occasion it did not. Unfortunately at this point I had lost sight of it and it was too far away to hear but I believe it came down somewhere near the new crop circle in the wheat field next to the Den.
My son and I both searched the field and surrounding area as best we could but haven't been able to locate it. It appears the locator has stopped working on it also so I fear the worst.

To be honest I am not too worried about the copter, it is more the footage I took which is stored on the device and includes a lot of close up video of the top of the cap stone and a very carefully choreographed flight through the stones and probably also includes me in the footage too.

I was wondering if anybody who has been to the site recently (last couple of weeks or so) and has seen anything or heard anybody mention it. In which case could you let me know on here or on Facebook.

I suspect I will only find it once the field has been harvested and in which case it is very likely to be destroyed in the process.

Cheers for any help you can provide.

Scubi

Reply | with quote
scubi63
Posted by scubi63
21st July 2015ce
19:27