The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Detectorists 2
77 messages
Select a forum:
I expect the writer and director based the characters on a number of people known to him in real life. Saying one of the characters is a member of this forum is a bit like saying that we think the other bloke metal detecting in Lovers' Lane with him for the lost mayorial chain of a fictional township "looks like" the terrorist they are today seeking in France "but they've changed his name to Hugh".

I think it is becoming clear (third episode now) that the second series really does not have the same sparkle as the first (which is probably why this thread discusses the side issues and not the programme itself). It relies on the same running gags as the first one. I doubt there will be a third series.

The aircraft search topic is of interest, they (rightly) mention the need for a permit, but as Andy Brockman points out on his blog, would be unlikely in real life to get one. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I wonder whether the writers were inspired to go in this direction by the fuss over National Geographic's "Nazi War Diggers".

Reply | with quote
Posted by Portantissues
16th November 2015ce
03:47

In reply to:

Re: Detectorists 2 (Sanctuary)

1 reply:

Re: Detectorists 2 (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: