The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Detectorists 2
77 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
... next time remind me to stay my hands from the keyboard when I have enjoyed something! We all have different viewpoints. The Detectorists series is after all a story, written with wit and compassion, that it has to be the vehicle of a 'morality vendetta' surprises me.
Peace to everyone who has taken up the cudgels. X

Moss, when you posted the following comment ..
And ended on a perfect note.. Lovely subtle play of characters, summer scenery and a 'find' at the end. Hopefully we will have more.
Yes, I disagreed on the point about the actual ending, though not the series in general (which I also enjoyed) and did so in a perfectly courteous manner. I didn't think I was starting a 'morality vendetta' and still don't. A certain other person came in doing his level best to undermine the point I had made - when really it was just an alternative view. Today, when he came back, it did feel like baiting and now I've been called paranoid for saying as much. I know, generally speaking, you are diplomatic, I'm afraid I am not and don't really give a flying fuck about being called names for expressing a valid, alternative view point.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
5th December 2015ce
15:46

In reply to:

Re: Detectorists 2 (moss)

1 reply:

Re: Detectorists 2 (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: