The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The Fundamental Shift
28 messages
Select a forum:
I have always been interested in history and pre-history in particular. Generally speaking - the older the better! I have always felt like this, as long as I can remember. In fact my parents told of of times (before I can remember) where I would get excited by seeing an old bit of Roaman road / wall etc. Visiting sites (both historic and pre-historic) helps connect us with the past. People are people - we aare now as they were - no better no worse. The great thing (for me) about visiting 'old stones' is you get to see some wonderful parts of the country you wouldn't otherwise visit. Beautiful countryside, some even remote and wild. Just think, a large chunk of the population rarely set foot outside of their urban enviroment. They never see or experience what we do, the sights, sounds, smells of nature. We get excited by seeing a bird of prey hovering overhead or watching the sun set over the hills from a stone circle. They get excited by a 20% sale at their local retail outlet! We are fortunate people my friends.......

Reply | with quote
Posted by CARL
26th November 2015ce
13:23

In reply to:

The Fundamental Shift (carol27)

Messages in this topic: