The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Bambury Stone Forum Start a topic | Search
Bambury Stone
Re: Looks like it was right Rhiannon!
16 messages
Select a forum:
This one is gold Roman coins only? Or are they not revealing the details yet? I'm not sure I can find it as interesting as the Anglo Saxon hoard if it's coins (am I being a philistine). But how freaky would it be if it were actually near where the legend said it was. Or maybe Bredon Hill is perfectly specific enough. I mean a huge load of gold coins.. could rumour really have stuck about for 2000 years? It would be pretty neat if it had. Everyone likes a good story do they not.

(I know this totally overlooks the Issues of Metal Detecting. But maybe it's nice for you to think about the story from another angle for a bit. A non blood-pressure-raising angle. I suppose we have to wonder whether detector-wielders might prefer to look in places where Rumours of Treasure exist already though. Hmmmm.)

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
19th October 2011ce
18:33

Messages in this topic: