The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Detectorists 2
77 messages
Select a forum:
Hmm. Ok I do take the point that that club would realistically find reportable things. But isn't it better to portray them as losers who don't find anything, as is.

Or, supposing there were to be reportable things in the programme and the writer slipped in a sentence about 'oh and we'll have to contact the FLO about this' - would that be enough? It's not a public education film. One can't pin the irresponsibility of detectoristss on a comedy writer.

The detectorists you endlessly have to deal with, they know what they should be doing. Anyone who gets into the hobby and buys a magazine or looks on a website, they KNOW what they should be doing ie reporting things, only looking in certain locations. If they don't actually do that, it's because they're a bunch of tossers, not because they 'didn't realise', not through lack of information being out there.

I don't think they'll find anything btw on the programme. I should bloody hope not at least. And if they did, they'd definitely go the right way on whatever moral dilemma of reporting it raised. They would do the right thing, because that's the heart of the programme really?

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
1st November 2015ce
17:23

In reply to:

Re: Detectorists 2 (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Detectorists 2 (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: