From "Prehistoric Sites of Herefordshire" - George Children and George Nash (1994 Logaston Press):
"Permission is required at [New House Farm] to visit the standing stone and barrows. From the farm drive entrance, walk towards the village. Immediately on the right, past the first house (a 'black and white' cottage) is a small gate to a paddock. Walk south to the next gate and meadow beyond. Continue south, to the left of this large and often wet meadow. Kinsham Standing Stone can clearly be seen in the bottom corner of this meadow.
Probably transported during the last glacial period by the ice, the stone when standing measured over 2.7m high, and was one of the tallest standing stones in Herefordshire. Sadly in the recent past, the Devil Stone (as it is known locally) has been moved and 'dumped' in its present position. Its original position was probably equidistant between the two barrows. On the underside of the stone are believed to be seven cupmarks, but because the stone has remained in place for many years, the exact location and pattern is not known. Visible on the top side of the stone is a group of linear gouges which are probably recent additions."
The stone was certainly lying down by 1934, when the Royal Commission (now EH) included it in their inventory.